Saturday, June 1, 2013

The First Unplanned Day

Rolled out of bed at 7:30 this morning with plans of being at the first day of Boot Camp by 8:00.. But when I woke up my knee was still killing me!  I was mad but figured resting my knee and skipping boot camp would be better for my overall success for the rest of the week.   So instead of blasting fat doing burpees and hills, I spent the morning laying on the couch, icing my knee, and eating mango.

After skipping boot camp I met my mom and sister at the Y to help them coach 1st and 2nd grade volleyball.  I'm used to getting a workout while coaching gymnastics, but I forgot how great of a workout I could get from coaching volleyball too!  Bonus!

It was the last day of the session for volleyball, so Mom and Sis brought cupcakes for the girls..  This presented me with my first challenge {and success!} for the day.  Those cupcakes looked so tasty but I resisted and reminded myself that they were just made from a boring old box mix and store bought frosting.  If I'm trying to cut back on sweets and treats, these would have not been worth the splurge!  I honestly think I got more happiness out of the satisfaction I got from not eating the cupcake then I would have gotten from eating it.  Shocking!  :)

Today was the first day this week that I didn't have all of my meals planned out ahead of time.. I did know last night that we were going to Panera for lunch, so I just ate a little fruit for breakfast so that I could use more calories during lunch to order my favorite!  

Today looked like this:
B- mango 
L- 1/2 of a roasted turkey and artichoke panini, cheesy broccoli soup, and a french baquette side 
D- taco salad with lean ground turkey, spinach, salsa, black beans, peppers, and a little bit of sour cream and cheese ..  also some homemade guacamole and a half serving of tortilla chips
S- 1/2 cup sugar free/fat free cheesecake pudding with cool whip, strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries

My knee was feeling pretty good by the end of the day, so I got out for a 4.25 mile walk with Mom.  We found a rose laying in the road at the end of our walk and I scooped it up and brought it home.  A simple pleasure but it gave me a little smile to end my successful day!


------

I've dropped a few pounds already, but I'm hoping to get an initial numbers post up tomorrow!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment