Friday, June 7, 2013

Conquering Sugar

I've always heard people say that if you can give sugar up for a while, you eventually stop craving it.  I'm not going to say that I have kicked my sugar addiction, but eating healthier and having less treats really has made saying 'No' to sweets much easier.  Tonight we went for froyo after dinner and I was able to resist the chocolatey, peanut buttery, delicious toppings.  Usually, my bowl consisted of a combination of cake batter, chocolate, and peanut butter froyo with peanut butter cups, brownies, cookie dough, chocolate fudge, and whatever other cookies or chocolate candy was there.   I know that froyo is way better for you than regular ice cream, but I always end up going topping crazy.  I've always told myself 'next time I'm going to just get vanilla with a bunch of fruit', but I always end up caving once I get in line and go with the usual 'death by chocolate'.  HOWEVER..  Tonight I was able to successfully feel good about getting froyo and having it fit into a successful part of my weight loss journey.  Tonight my froyo looked like this: 

And it was delicious!!  Cheesecake froyo with strawberries and raspberries with probably 1/2 tbsp mini chocolate chips and less than a tbsp of strudel crumble.  (Plus two brownie bits out of Mom's bowl that may have snuck in there too) ... YUM!!!


As for the rest of the day..  Nothing too exciting.  Breakfast was the usual, and lunch was leftover fajita chicken and peppers over spinach with some fresh strawberries.  



Dinner was a successful night of going out to eat..  I ordered a Santa Fey salad which had grilled chicken, peppers, onions, tomatoes, corn, and salsa.  I ordered the cheese on the side because damn that was a lot of cheese!!  I probably sprinkled about a tablespoon of that onto my salad and threw out the rest.  Ahh, self control :)



Didn't have time for an intense workout today, but I think that my body was due for a rest-ish day anyways.  Mom and I went out for a late night walk that ended up being just short of 3.5 miles.  Our pace wasn't too fast but it was so nice out and just felt good to get a little bit of activity after a big dinner.

I am just so proud of how long I have stayed on track so far, and I can't talk enough about how good I feel about being in control of my sweet tooth!

No comments:

Post a Comment