Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Wednesday Weigh In - Take 3

Initial Weight: 194
Last Week: 188.2
Today: 187.8

Since Last Week: -.4
Total: -6.2

Obviously a lot less than last week, but I am really feeling good and wishing I would have taken some starting measurements because I feel like I'm losing inches..  

I am just feeling great.  I have felt fabulously motivated and get excite each day to workout!  I love that feeling!

Sugar and sweets have been a lot easier to resist, and I have been more conscious about what I'm eating and why.

Today was really great..  I had a coupon for a free visit to 'Thrive' which is our local Herbalife shake/smoothie joint..  I don't know a lot about Herbalife, but I've heard a lot of positive things about it.  I had an 'aloe shot' which is supposed to help your digestive system, and then I also got a peach tea which according to the girl working there "burns 100 calories" after drinking it..  Not sure of how legit that is, but it tasted good and I do know that tea has a lot of health benefits.  The main event of my trip to thrive was then the "Chocolate Dipped Elvis" (chocolate, peanut butter, banana)..  This 16 oz. shake was under 300 calories, had 25 g of protein, and kept me full for a solid 3.5 hours!  Awesome!  I enjoyed my shake and tea while Ryan had pizza for lunch at his parent's house, and I didn't even feel tempted to have a slice!

After lunch we went frisbee golfing.  That's always a great workout because of the massive hills on the course, and I have been turning it into an even more intense workout by jogging the whole course.

Farmer's market was next on the two do list and that is where I experienced THIS: 

Now, cupcakes are like heaven to me.  I have turned down several cupcakes over the past month, and each time I do I have thought to myself "is this really worth it?" and "is this really a special treat worth the splurge?" ...  Several times over the past month I have answered no to those questions, but today the answer was YES!!!  That big old rainbow cupcake was free, and it was delicious!  It's crazy how much better a special treat tastes when you're not eating 'special treats' every single day!

Boot Camp was on the agenda after the farmer's market.  While the rainbow cupcake wasn't the best choice for my pre-boot camp fuel, I pushed through the kick @$$ workout!  It was probably the toughest class we've had yet this summer, and I felt sooo good afterwards!

Dinner was a delicious homemade stir fry with broccoli, asparagus, peppers, water chestnuts, baby corn, and jumbo shrimp with some brown rice.  All I can say is YUM that was a delicious post-boot camp dinner!  


Even though today's weigh in wasn't as exciting as last week's, I know I've been doing pretty much everything right and am looming forward to seeing even more results next Wednesday!  



No comments:

Post a Comment