Monday, June 17, 2013

Still Going Strong!

Again, it's been a few days since posting... Haven't quite figured out how frequently I want to post on here..  BUT, now I'll just do a recap of the past few days...!

Thursday:
Typical, boring work day.. Kept the day pretty boring with my usual omlette for breakfast and tuna wrap for lunch.. Hit up kickboxing after work and was sweating out of my eyeballs from that awesome workout... After boxing I watched Ryan's softball game and then went to volleyball.  I just love double workout days, especially when one workout is volleyball! After volleyball it was late and Ryan and I hadn't eaten dinner yet.  I had been planning all week for Noodles and Company that night, and I purposely saved enough calories for a big, fat 'regular' dish of Whole Grain Tuscan Linguine (with shrimp and extra broccoli!).



Friday:
Thursday night our BFF married friends invited us up to stay with them in a condo outside of town for a little mini getaway.  I knew we'd be eating dinner somewhere with no posted nutritional information, so I was sassy and tried to eat as little as possible throughout the day.  I KNOW that this breaks rule #1 for not overeating when you go out to eat, but I'm not claiming to being perfect!  Admittedly, I was STARVING by the time we got to the bar/restaurant, and if I would have had a healthy snack before I know I would have been able to resist that nasty bar popcorn, but I didn't and I ate it.  Note to self for next time!  For dinner I ordered the breaded walleye with baby red potatoes and a side salad.  While the deep fried fish wasn't a great choice, the baked potatos (instead of fries) and side salad (instead of fries) were definitely positives.  Ryan ordered an order of cheesecurds and I ate a few more of those than I would have liked, but again, I'm shooting for progress, not perfection.  I think probably the biggest success from this night was only eating half of my fish and one potato.. After seeing the size of the order that arrived at my table I almost dropped dead.  Doggy Bag, Please!!   Success number two came from tracking all of that deliciousness and only coming in about 62 calories over my daily target.  Not bad!  I was very thankful for the unplanned walk that I snuck in before dinner that helped to offset some of that dinner.  Success number three came that night from the feeling of accomplishment I felt when everyone was talking about how stuffed they were after leaving the restaurant while I was feeling fabulous :)



Saturday:
Woke up from our BFF sleepover and obviously it was decided upon that pancakes were a must.  I utilized every ounce of self control I had to have ONE chocolate chip and ONE blueberry.  They smaller pancakes and while mentally I was craving at least twice that, physically I was satisfied with two.  While the calorie count of pancakes was still way higher than I normally like to spend on breakfast, I was very happy with myself!  Ryan and I were hanging with our Little Brother over lunch so we hit up Subway, and I got a delicious 6-inch turkey on wheat with pepperjack, avocado, spinach, tomatoes, green peppers, and cucumbers.  I may have also had about 1/3 of a chocolate chip cookie which was a perfect little morsel to satisfy my sweet tooth that was carrying over from breakfast.  After an afternoon nap I woke up hungry and crabby and realized there was no food in the house... While usually this would lead to a macaroni and cheese binge, I sucked it up and cooked a lean cuisine.  Obviously not the healthiest choice but it was calorie-controled and actually tasted pretty good over a big bowl of spinach.    After dinner the best thing in the world happened... Ryan agreed to go rollerblading with me!   This was awesome because Ryan is not usually one for sweating, but we ended up doing 6.5 miles on the trail and it felt great!  After blading we decided to reward ourselves with dairy queen, and eating that 'mini' Blizzard with my lover by the river really was a perfect ending to a great day :)   Obviously there were some 'not-so-healthy' food choices today, but there were also a lot of positive substitutions that helped me still ultimately have a calorie deficit.  If this is going to be a lifelong journey, it's good to know that I can have great days like this and still feel sucessful!

 


Sunday:
Father's Day.  I was nervous about today.  I knew we'd be having one meal with my family and one meal with Ryan's family... and family dinners are usually loaded with unknown calorie counts and tasty desserts.  However, lunch with Ryan's parents was great because it was a make-you-own sandwich bar!  Yum!  Then, dinner with my family ended up being pretty healthy as well with chicken, baby potatoes, and roasted green beans.  There was also a side of homemade macaroni and cheese, but everything in moderation, right?  :)  A small slice of rhubarb torte ended up putting me over my count for the day, but thankfully I convinced Ryan to go rollerblading with me again and ended up with a defecit.  Yay!




This weekend really helped me to see that I can still live my life but if I make small positive choices along the way I can still lose weight!  Sunday I woke up with a new low-weight (which rebounded a little bit this morning), but it was great to see that!  I am again looking forward to my 'official' weigh in on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment