Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Wednesday Weigh In: Take 5

Initial Weight: 194
Last Week: 188.8
Today: 186.6

Since Last Week: -2.2
Total: -7.4

Woohoo!  I just knew if I kept going strong it would show up on the scale this week!  

After Saturday's crazy day of eating, I attempted to get back on track right away the next day and did so-so..  My intake for the day was still pretty high but I did play about three hours of volleyball to offset some of the extra calories..  

Most of Sunday was a pretty normal day, but we did end up going to Ryan'd parents house for a little Sunday night Mexican fiesta.  Usually I do pretty well eating well with DIY-fajitas, but my dad (who is way into cooking fancy desserts lately) added this to the party: 
No idea what it's called or how many calories are in it..  But it was cooked with butter and covered with ice cream and caramel so I'm certain every minute of volleyball was used to work this off!

The remainder of the week was pretty uneventful..  We have had zero groceries all week and usually that triggers daily binges for me, but overall I've done pretty well staying on track despite not having my staple foods in the house.  We (finally) got to the grocery store today, but the last few days I pretty much survived off of subway and frozen salmon filets.    

One night I was having a MAJOR chocolate craving and instead of gorging into a gallon of moose tracks froyo, this was able to happily satisfy my sweet tooth:

One last success for the night was dinner tonight.  One of Ryan's favorite dinners is frozen raviolis, and I usually end up going way overboard with a giant bowl of nothing but cheese stuffed carbs..  Tonight when he suggested we have a ravioli night, I initially panicked and wondered how I could include raviolis into my new lifestyle..  However, I remembered the recently replenished produce drawer in the fridge and reminded myself of a beautiful concept called 'portion control'!  I roasted some squash, asparagus, and kohlrabi and paired that with half the amount of raviolis that I would have normally eaten. 


was so satisfied physically and mentally after dinner and I am still sitting here feeling great ..  I had a slight craving for some kind of dessert a little while ago, but I reminded myself of the froyo splurge I had this afternoon and realized that I absolutely do not truly need any more sugar today.  Craving eliminated.  :)


MyFitnessPal informed me today that I have logged in to track for 40 days in a row now, and I am ready to take on the long holiday weekend in front of me!






No comments:

Post a Comment