Saturday, July 6, 2013

Tough Week

This week had definitely been the most difficult week of my journey so far.  With the holiday and several days off work, I wasn't able to plan out my days ahead of time.  Today especially I really felt like my 'old self' and did a lot of mindless eating. We attended our best friends' gender reveal party and there was a lot of snacks sitting out all day.  These situations are what I struggle with most and I really should have went into today with a little more of a game plan...  Between the monster cookie dip, chocolate covered pretzels, margaritas, cupcakes, and spinach artichoke dip, I ended up going WAY over my calorie goal again for today.  While I did have a great time and enjoyed spending time with friends and celebrating their little unborn baby girl, I wish I could figure out how to balance that fun and happiness with not overrating.  I didn't get a workout in today and now I'm laying curled up on the couch feeling stuffed and yucky.  

I'm glad tomorrow is Sunday and not Monday because I am not ready to go back to work.  Although I'm regretting not having a plan for today, my plan for going forward is to get a great workout in tomorrow and really get back to the basics of healthy eating for the next week.

The gorgeous layout and decorations at the gender reveal party!
Naughty cat trying to steal my sushi this evening..   :)



No comments:

Post a Comment