Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Wednesday Weigh In: Take 7



Initial Weight: 194
Last Week: 186
Today: 185.2

Since Last Week: -.8
Total: -8.8

Another small loss..  I did see 184 on the scale once this week so in my mind I'm telling myself that I'm down 10 pounds ;) 

My sodium intake was a little high the last two days (but still had a calorie deficit), so I'm looking forward to seeing what the scale shows over the next few days!

I took some measurements today and have lost about an inch and a half off my waist, and inch from my hips, and a half an inch off my arms..  That is definitely exciting :)

Today:
Coffee when I woke up
Cookie Monster protein shake from Thrive
Luna bar (s'mores!)
Zucchini w/ marinara and a sprinkle of mozzarella 
Homemade penne rosa from this recipe (I replaced the mushrooms with broccoli!)

This past week was relatively uneventful. I did have a bridal shower on Saturday and ended up getting a little carried away..  The party had a make-your-own mimosa bar, a taco bar, and plenty of desserts.. Basically my three favorite things!  Yikes!  I really need to figure out a better strategy for going into parties like this.  However, I did take a picture of my food so that I could track it all when I got home (only to find out that I used my entire daily allotment of calories at the shower alone).  While I am still struggling to keep myself under control in party settings, I'm still considering this day a success because I didn't just write off the entire day as ruined, and I instead finished the day out with a really light, low calorie, filling dinner that night.  In the past I have struggled with carrying the over-eating over from one meal to the rest of the day (and often the rest of the week!).  In starting to learn that is is absolutely possible to have one 'bad' meal once in a while and still lose weight!

This past week's workouts included boot camp, corebar, kickboxing, rollerblading, and a long walk or two.  Boot Camp on Monday was HOT and its even hotter tonight so I did choose to take a rest day.  I adore boot camp, but i did not feel well after Monday's class!

Some highlights from the week:


Super satisfying snack after long, hot rollerblade trip along the trail.



Me dying after boot camp in the 95 degree heat!


Dinner the day of the bridal shower. (PS I could do some variation of taco salad for every meal for the rest of my life and be happy).


This little dinner I whipped up one night.. 6 ounces of grilled chicken and zucchini covered with a little olive oil, marinara, and mozzarella.  My eyes were a little bigger than my stomach while making dinner, and I only ended up eating 1/2 of the zucchini and saving the rest for lunch the next day!

And finally this is what happens after a day of light eating and a killer workout... it's all about moderation, baby!  ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment