Tuesday, May 28, 2013

First Day of My Journey!

I haven't quite figures out how I want to focus this blog, but I think to start I'll go with a summary if how each day goes, what I eat, and some details about my workouts..  Within the next few days if like to get some 'before' pictures up with some stats, measurements, and goals..   Hopefully this weekend!

As for today, I felt totally prepared and confident going into the first day of my weight loss journey!  I stuck to my food plan and pushed myself through my workout, even when that little voice in my head was telling me it would be okay to quit early.

Food for the day::

Breakfast: egg beaters, 2 veggie sausage links, a sprinkle of reduced fat cheese, black bean and corn salsa, and coffee & creamer

Lunch: tuna and spinach wrap, 1/2 c cottage cheese, a delicious mango, and a diet cherry coke

Dinner: shrimp stir fry made with fresh broccoli, squash, zucchini, and bell peppers with 1/4 c brown rice and some juicy watermelon (not pictured because it was eaten while standing in the kitchen waiting for the stir fry to finish!)


Snacks: a banana before coaching since I knew I wouldn't be eating dinner until late tonight!


I did have two small chocolate chip cookies after lunch, but I'm counting this as a success for the day because I looked into my calorie counter to determine if I should have them or not, and because I had two, enjoyed them, and stopped at two!!  [HUGE success for me!!]

Success #2 for the day was striking to my workout plan and sticking around after practice to sweat! --  Workout was 30 minutes on the treadmill walking/running and 30 minutes on the elliptical!   

I'm already a little sore from the workout and my left shin feels a little off so I've got my leg up icing my shin with a bag of frozen edamame ;P

Tomorrow is all planned out and I'm looking forward to another day!  I feel really great about the strong start and felt really proud about having control over not binging on cookies at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment