Thursday, May 30, 2013

Feels so Good to be Sore!

Even though I was disappointed with my morning workout yesterday, my arms ended up being very sore today!  Today's workout was volleyball and with only four people tonight I was dripping with sweat by the end of the game.  

Eating was right on plan today, with the only additions being one bite of a Seroogy's chocolate bar and a banana.  Both were necessary :)

Last night I spent some time pre-making meals for today since it was a very long day with zero time to cook..

Here was breakfast: Egg Beater Muffins with veggie sausage, bell peppers, spinach, and the smallest sprinkle of cheese.  {& coffee!}

Lunch was a big huge spinach salad with cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, and grilled chicken & mango Greek yogurt

Dinner was a big bowl of homemade quinoa salad ..  I didn't really have a recipe but just through together a quinoa grain mix from Trader Joes, some tomatoes, spinach, black beans, bell peppers, corn, and avocado.  I mixed that all together and added a little olive oil, lemon juice, and taco seasoning.  It was SO tasty and filling, and I felt great putting so much good stuff into my body.  

Felt great again today - definitely in control and motivated.  I turned down an offer for an ice cream run at work this afternoon, and I made sure my gymnasts ate all of the delicious looking chocolate brownie cookies that I brought for the last night of practice tonight.  Those little morsels were so tempting but I just continue to remind myself that certain things need to be sacrificed if I'm setting out to lose a significant amount of weight.  While I can still enjoy my favorite treats in moderation, I need to emphasize MODERATION and not consume every cookie or scoop of ice cream that passes in front of me.  

Tomorrow is another long day, but I'm ready!  I think forcing myself to workout after working at 12 hour day is going to be the biggest challenge - but I'm hoping that my mom will meet me at the gym after work as my accountability buddy.

My scale looked great this morning and that is helpful in keeping my motivation level high going into the weekend!!


No comments:

Post a Comment