Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Another Successful Day!

Well.  Day 2 of blogging and I have already experienced the nasty feeling of typing out an entire post and having it accidentally get deleted before saving!  Agh!

Anyways -- Today was a great day, but it also provided me with a quick reminder that I can preplan my meals and workouts like a crazy woman, but life will still happen and things will change.

I had initially planned on taking a Cardio Sculpt class at the Y this morning, but when I got to the gym I found out that the class had been cancelled due to a health fair for the elders that was going on!  I was really bummed because I had been really looking forward to the class.  I eventually convinced myself to head upstairs to the workout room, but I tried both the treadmill and the elliptical and just couldn't get myself to kick butt on either.  I just wasn't mentally prepared for another hour on the machines after doing that not only 12 hours earlier.  I ended up just hitting the weight room and did an arms circuit and some ab work.  I was a little disappointed in myself when I left the gym, but I made it up to myself with a nice 3 mile walk outside with my mom this evening.  Talk about gorgeous outside tonight!

As for my meals for the day, I was able to stick right to my plan.  Breakfast was just a banana on the way to the gym, and I ate my leftover shrimp stir fry as an early lunch.  I had some more watermelon as an afternoon snack.. standing at the cutting board again..  As for dinner, Ryan and I brought our new 'Little Brother' for dinner at Culver's, and I ate a delicious grilled chicken salad while the boys had burgers and fries.  I did have some ice cream after dinner (chocolate with Reese's peanut butter cups), but I felt great about this because it was the smallest serving available, pre-planned into my daily caloric intake, and off-set somewhat by my workout.  Fabulous!




Overall today was great.  Like I said I was a little frustrated with myself at the gym, but after all is said and done it was a good reminder that plans can change and I'll need to figure out how to handle that!

Tomorrow is going to be a crazy day and I basically won't be home from 8am-9pm, so I spent some time this evening planing and preparing all of my meals for tomorrow.  Awesome.  Feeling in control of tomorrow already!

(Could have really used this reminder at the gym today!)

No comments:

Post a Comment